“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
This quote by Henry Ford inspired us to look back at the year gone by (failures and all). It was a big year of surprises…Brexit then Trump…so what have we learned? Prepare for the unexpected because it’s more than likely to happen!
So what have you learned this year? Have you made some mistakes that you’d rather leave behind? As we start 2017, here are some key questions to reflect on before setting your goals for the year ahead…
Start by looking at the good stuff…
- What sales and marketing activity worked best for your business this year?
- What was your best-performing campaign in terms of revenue, engagement and conversion?
- Why do you think this campaign was so successful? Can you attribute the success to messaging, campaign timing, price or product?
- How much did you spend on the activity?
- What level of resource did this activity require?
- If you did this again, is there anything you would do differently?
Now it’s time to ask the same questions but this time for your worst performing activity or campaign. What can you learn from what didn’t work? How can you avoid making those mistakes in the year ahead?
“It’s failure that gives you the proper perspective on success.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Now you’ve looked back, it’s time to look forward… What do you want to achieve in 2017 and how much money do you need to achieve these goals? Invest the time now to ensure you have the right resources, processes and plans in place for your business to flourish in the year ahead.
Contact Spotcap today to secure credit to finance your growth for the new year – and put those goals into action for 2017.
Originally published December 15 2016 , updated April 27 2017