Spotcap is dedicated to supporting small businesses in Australia, now more than ever.
We have created this COVID-19 Business hub to help our partners and clients navigate these challenging circumstances. Below you’ll find a range of links to helpful and free resources, advice on accessing financial support and tips for staying well, all tailored to small business owners.
As the current situation is so dynamic, we will update this page as new information and resources arise.
Government Schemes/Financial Support:
- Spotcap was selected to participate in the SME Guarantee Scheme from May 1 to September 30. We have created a page to give you some information about the eligibility and application process as well as a contact form so we can get in touch.
- Information about the SME Guarantee eligibility, steps to apply and a video from Kate Carnell, The Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, discussing the scheme.
- This page includes an address from Zip Co’s CEO, Larry Diamond as well as a deep-dive into the performance of the retail space. The report provides interesting insight when and where consumers are spending, what sectors’ are performing better than ever and which are declining.
- The ATO provides key dates, information and how to apply for the JopKeeper payment.
- Business.gov.au summarises everything you need to know about the scheme, including eligibility, timing and how to make the most of the incentive before June 30.
- FAQ from the ATO. Including questions about employers, individuals and general information about government schemes, who is eligible and how to apply
- Business Australia has set up a free phone and email advice line 9 am -8 pm, Monday to Friday. They will listen to your situation and provide information about the financial support available from Federal, State and Local Government.
- Xero has collated accounting tips for managing your business and personal cash flow.
- The government will cover 50% of your eligible apprentice or trainee’s wage until September 30. This page outlines the eligibility, timing, application details and examples of the scheme.
- Information about the government-led cash flow boosts for businesses with more than one employee.
- The ASFBEO has released a webinar for sole traders, hosted by Beyond Blue ambassador and sole trader Garry Mills.
- Xero has compiled a range of resources to help you look after your mental health, and tips for promoting connection, building positive habits and managing energy levels. Includes online courses, articles and webinars.
- Beyond Blue has free call lines, community forums and information and strategies for maintaining mental and physical wellbeing during this time.
- Tips on accessing mental health support, resources for upskilling and business continuity, all tailored for business owners like yourself.
Working/Upskilling From Home:
- Xero shows you how to manage and motivate your staff remotely through a series of recorded webinars and articles.
- Business Australia has collated free downloadable documents, HR tools and the latest COVID-19 news for business owners.
- A thoughtful collection of tips from Hubspot. Features strategies for maintaining productivity, positivity and health while managing your business from home.
- Due to the impacts of the pandemic, TAFE Australia is offering free short courses on topics such as business leadership, maximising your digital impact, administration and more.
Any questions? Please reach out to our Client Services team on 1800 10 70 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and all the best,
The Spotcap Team.
Originally published May 1 2020 , updated May 11 2020